RES is acquired by Ivanti!
Ivanti is the owner of Appsence and has done 10 acquisitions in the last 5 years. But they lack a real strong automation product with connectors to third party software. Now that they acquired RES they have RES ONE Automation in their product range, the strong automator with connectors to third party software and with the launch of the RES hub these connectors will grow. In exchange RES will be introduced to the global market because RES is really big in the EU. But not as big in America like Appsence is. So Ivanti can grow in the EU with the RES customer network and RES can grow in the US with the customer network of Ivanti. In the short term we can expect extra functionality in RES products like reporting in RES ONE Workspace, the ability to monitor performance, etc. I am very curious about the future of RES in the Ivanti family and eager to learn more about Ivanti.
What is new in RES ONE Enterprise v10.1?
So with al this going on RES will of course still release Version 10.1 of their product range. Here’s a quick line up of some of the new features of V10.1:
RES ONE Workspace
- Security is migrated to the new Webmanagement Portal
- Finally not only security on file hash and file path but now also on application certificates. This will make applocking a lot more easy. Instead of authorizing 15 MS Office hashes and files you can just authorize the MS Office certificate!
- You can now set registry’s in the HKLM, also machine based policy’s.
- Even better Mac and Linux support with smart containers.
- RES ONE Workspace security API, now you can script new security rules.
- Support for Windows 10 v1703 improved Start Menu Managment
- Bypass Composer Improvements
- License Management Improvements
- Support for SQL Always on Cluster
RES ONE Automation
- You can now run tasks in parallel. So you can now run multiple tasks at the same time, like file tasks to download multiple files at the same time on one agent. Saving lots of time.
- Enhanced integration with RES ONE Identity Director
- AES-256 Encryption
- Detailed login in the event log for Agent+.
- Support for Ubuntu 16.04.
- RES has now using Telemetry with RES ONE Automation.
RES ONE Identity Director
- You now have the ability to role back your service to a previous version.
- When applying new people to qualifications you will be presented with a new panel where you can see who gains access and who loses access to the service.
- New is the ability to create notification messages in the user store.
- User can now customize their own web portal.
I hope this was informative. For questions or comments you can always give a reaction in the comment section or contact me: