Some big news came down the pipeline from Ivanti today! Ivanti Automation powered by RES version 10.2 is out. This is the first release of a RES product since Ivanti took over. And boy what a release it is ! Here are some of the highlights of this release.
- PoSH Edition – This is one of the biggest features of this release. There is now a Freemium version, with the PoSH edition you can schedule PowerShell task to an unlimited number of agents.
- The library section is now available in the new Web Management Portal – Now you’ll be able to create Modules, Projects and Run Books in the new web Management Portal
- Cron scheduling – An awesome new feature is the ability to schedule Modules, Project or Run Books through Cron. This means that you can create schedules like run on the 1st and 15th day of the month etc..
- Improved security – with AES-256 support now not only for new installs but you can upgrade your existing environment too.
- Building Block security – There is now an automatic password generator if you want to generate building blocks with passwords.
- IPv6 Support – You can now find IPv6 support in Teams Rules, wake-on lan, etc..
- New Splash screen – The splash screen now has the Ivanti Branding.
- Web Management Portal Branding – The Web Management Portal branding is now in the Ivanti style.
All in all this is a great release. Want to read more about it? Check out the Ivanti blog here.
I hope this was informative. For questions or comments you can always give a reaction in the comment section or contact me: